Class XII Result 2015-16 Percentage of Top Scorer Science Stream : 96.20 %, Commerce Stream 93.40 %
Class X Result 2015-16
School Average of CGPA - 8.51TWENTY TOP POSITION HOLDERS OF THE SCHOOL (10 CGPA)
Nestled in the desert sands of the Shekhawati Region in Rajasthan. The B.P.S is an oasis which unfolds its treasure to a fabulous world of knowledge. I hope this prospectus will give prospective parents and students a flavour of what Birla Public School is all about. B.P.S has all the infrastructure and facilities that makes a full fledged Public School and these are being maintained and updated on regular basis. We have four computer laboratories, a vibrant music department and art and craft center and ‘Panchwati’ ‘Yoga Centre’,’ Saraswati Temple’,’Shiv Ganga’ for multifarious creativity. Unparalleled sports facilities- the mid terms trips, treks, mountaineering to develop love for outdoor life etc. Academic growth of boys is our mantra and guiding principle. The list is endless. It is important to prepare the children before sending them to a Boarding School. The child should be convinced about the usefulness of Boarding School Life. In my opinion a residential School has many advantages. It inculcates in children an attitude of ‘Caring and Sharing’ and a sense of independent living, decision making and value for money. It teaches the child the art of self learning and self preparation for the examinations. The child learns to live a spartan life which makes him tough enabling him to progress without being a slave to materialistic comforts. Living together with other children creates a feeling of brotherhood and helps to develop leadership qualities. The hectic schedule involving both academics and co-curricular activities keeps him pre occupied in a constructive manner. Infact at times, it is felt that there is so much to do, with no time at all. Thus it teaches him Time Management early in life. BPS is committed to producing gentlemen who can be of service and value to society and shape as leaders of our great nation and who can be the true epitome of our motto Shradha, Gyan and Karam. Capt.(IN) Alokesh Sen (Retd.) Principal
Vidya Niketan Birla Public School in TOP 10 Boarding Schools of the Country
School Activities (2016 -17)
Inter House Badminton tournament was held on 2nd December 2016. Vyas house won the Trophy.
Bhoor Singh Memorial Art Competition was organized in BPS on 3rd December 2016. All BET schools participated in the competition. Birla Public School stood third.
A Video conference was conducted on 8th December 2016 with the students of Budapest, on the topic ‘Celebration across the world’. 20 students from classes IV to VII participated in it and discussed the holidays and festivals celebrated in India.
Camelin Art Competition for Jr., Middle and Senior sections was held in the school on 10th, 12th, and 28th Dec.2016 respectively. More than 200 students participated in the competition.
A Cultural Evening was organized on 14 December for the students, before they proceeded to their homes for the winter vacation.
Sahodaya literature Competition was organized on 14th December 2016 in Jutharam School, Pilani. Birla Public School won the trophy.
A team of 7 students along with a teacher escort attended IPSC Literary Festival 2016 at Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls Public School, Jodhpur from 17th to 19th December 2016. Kumar Vinayak of Birla Public school stood first in both ‘Toon Boom’ (Extempore on R K Laxman's Cartoon) and Ye Bhi Wo Bhi (Hindi Turn Coat). Gopal K Sharma stood fourth in Hansgulley (Comedy Poem). Overall 14 schools from all over the country participated in the Lit fest.
A Workshop on NABET was organized from 28th -30th December 2016 in the AV Room. Total 16 faculty members including the Principal attended it. The Annual Day of Birla Public School was celebrated on Friday,4th November,2016.The Chief Guest on the occasion was Hon’ble Mr.Justice Bharat Bhushan, sitting Judge of Allahabad High Court. The Indoor Programme consisted of a series of items based on the theme the “Panchbhootas” or the five elements of Nature. It was followed by the presentation of a Cheque amounting to one lakh seven thousand rupees to CRY(Child Rights and You)
- The Old Boys Day was celebrated on, 5th November, 2016.
- The grand book fair was organised from 8th -10th November, 2016 in junior, Middle and senior sections with the collaboration of Kohli book distributors, Delhi.
- The Inter House Hindi Recitation and Declamation for middle section was held on 9th November, 2016 in the Vijay Hall of the school. The Chairperson for the competition was Dr. Abhinav Shukla, Headmaster, Middle Section.
- The Inter House English Recitation and Declamation for middle section was held on 11th November, 2016.
- 25 students went to take part in Dr.Amarjeet Singh Science Trophy Test to Birla Balika Vidyapeeth on 12th November,2016.
Around 10 video conferences of class III to VII students were held in the month of November with the students of different countries, like Croatia, USA,Ukraine, Mexico, Hungry and more.
- The Inter House Football Tournament for middle section was played from 13th November, 2016 to 18th November, 2016. Buddha House bagged the Football trophy for the session 2016-17.
- Gurunanak Jayanti was celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm in the school mess at 12.45pm on 14th November, 2016. The students recited the Gurbani in unison and then the Prasad was offered to Gurunanak Devji .
- 46 Students of Class VII, VIII and IX visited CEERI on 15th Nov’2016 for Science festival organized by VigyanBharti to spread awareness about inventions in Sciences and new technologies.
- Hindi Recitation Competition for Junior Section was held on 17 November2016.
- Under the umbrella of Social Awareness Campaign,75 students of Class IX A and IX B went to Morwa on 19th November,2016 .There they visited the Government School and also distributed note books and clothes to the students.
- A workshop on the topic “Hindi-Dasha and Disha” based on the problem of Classroom teaching in Hindi was held on Saturday,19th November,2016 in the A.V.Room of Senior Section at 4.00pm.It was attended by all the Hindi teachers of BET schools.
- 7 boys of the section escorted by Mr.Umesh Prasad went to take part in Vigyan Manthan Competitive Examination (Level-I) conducted by NCERT to Kendriya Vidyalaya , Jhunjhunu on Sunday,20th November,2016.
- English Debate Competition for Junior Section was held on 21 November 2016.
- Two Video conferences, one with Odessa Gymnasium School, Ukraine and DL DAV Shalimar Bagh, Delhi on the topic “Peace and Reconciliation” and another with Sintemeesten College, Netherlands on the topic “Gender-based Discrimination”, were held this month on 15th Nov and 25th Nov, 2016 respectively. 30 boys from classes 7th to 9th participated in the conferences.
- On 25th Nov 2016,Few students of class V participated in a local activity called Timeline under the UNESCO Time Project, where they discussed the role of their ancestors in time keeping devices.
- The boys of Social service club went to visit all the three messes of the school on 26th November and spread awareness about hygiene and cleaning of surrounding.
- 18 students from Adventure Activity Team visited Govt. Primary School of Thirpali village on 26.11.2016.HM, Dr. Abhinav Shukla had interacted with underprivileged children of the school.
- The Inter House Science Quiz Competition (Middle section) for the Session 2016-17 was conducted in the Lotus Hall, on 28th November 2016.
- Camlin Art Contest was held in Middle Section Art Room on Tuesday, 29th November, 2016 .The theme of the competition was “Dream Art Room”. The competition was open for students from Class VII to IX.
- The Inter House Hindi Debate Competition (Senior Section) was held on29th November, 2016 at Lotus Hall. The first position was bagged by Gopal Krishan of Katyan House.
- Around 50 students of Classes III, IV and V participated in Skype on 29 and 30 November2016. They took guest lecturers with five countries.
- On 29th Nov.2016 basket ball final (senior section) was played.Kanad house won the trophy.
October - 2016
• The staff members went to the Gandhi Statue in BITS to participate in the function held on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti. Director BET. Maj.Gen.S.S.Nair,AVSM, gave away books to the students who had delivered speeches on the occasion.
• 17 Students participated in All India IPSC Skating Championship held at L K Singhania , Gotan from 1st October to 3rd October 2016. Our students won three bronze medals.
• The students of Class VII A and B visited the ‘Vishwa Shanti Mela’ on 4th October 2016 which was organized by "Prajapita Brahmakumaris Ishwariya Vishwavidyalaya,Pilani.".
• 176 students of 9th standard along with 4 Science teachers visited CEERI to attend a workshop on the preparation of metallic devices and visited the Museum. • Parent Teacher meeting was held on 8th October 2016.
• Our school participated in Round Square International Conference at Stiftung, louisenlund from10 to 16 Oct.2016.The theme of the conference was "THE JOURNEY THAT MAKES US"
• Under the banner of Spic Macay ,the students were shown the programme of Shehnai Vadan by Pandit Dayashankarji in the Vijay Hall on 8th of October,2016 at 11.15a.m.
• Video conferences of classes III to VII were held between 10th October to 21st October 2016, with the students of different countries, like Australia, Canada, Russia, Turkey, Argentina, Ireland, Los Angeles etc.
• Panel discussion on GST was held on 14th Oct, 2016 in the auditorium of Birla Balika Vidyapeeth. There were four teams from each BET schools. Mr. S.K. Birla was the guest of the evening. The students had discussion on GST. Kumar Vinayak, Sarthak Agarwal, and Shreyash jaiswal were the participants from BPS .Mr. S.K.Birla appreciated the participants for their study on GST.
• On 15th October, 2016 RTI CUP COMPETITION was held at Birla Balika Vidyapeeth. Four students of class IX and six students of class X participated in the competition.
• IntraBITS-MUN2016-17 was held on 15 & 16th Oct, 2016 in BITS. The team of 42 students from our school participated & proved their potential. Master Kumar Vinayak bagged the Best Delegate Prize.
• Cyber Security Week was celebrated from Monday, 17th to Saturday, 22nd of October, 2016.In this week different activities were conducted.
• 15 boys from Middle Section went to L.K.Singhania Gotan on Wednesday, 19th October, 2016 to participate in the I.P.S.C.Band Competition.
• Mr.JohnMason, the Education Advisor came on a visit to the school on19th October, 2016. He visited classrooms in all the three sections, thereafter; he saw a short play enacted by the boys in the Vijay Hall.
• English Poetry Recitation Competition for Jr section was held on 20th October 2016.
• 15 boys of Middle Section escorted by Mr. Sukhpal went to Ratlam on, 20th October, 2016 to take part in I.P.S.C. Handball Tournament.
• Godhuli was celebrated on the occasion of Diwali on Saturday, 29th October, 2016 at 5.30pm.
• A smokeless and cracker less Diwali was celebrated by teachers and students in the school. Lantern making and house decoration competitions were held to entertain the children.
September - 2016
1. Handball Inter House Matches in senior section were held from 3rd to 10th sep.2016.Kanad House stood first.
2. Teachers’ Day was celebrated with great fervor and enthusiasm in the school on Monday, 5th Sept.2016. The students took up the job of running the school and the houses right from morning till the night prep.
3. On 6th September2016, 30 boys escorted by Mr. R.S. Shekhawat went to B.K.B.I.E.T. to listen to the religious discourse of Pandit Rajeshwaranandji at 5.30pm.
4. IPSC GK Test was conducted on Wednesday, 7th Sept.2016 in the zero period of the school.
5. Parent Teachers’ Meeting for Junior Section was held on 9th September 2016.Parents discussed the academic performance of their wards with the respective teachers.
6. PTM for Middle Section was conducted on10th Sept.2016 after recess. The parents met the concerned teachers and got themselves updated with the academic progress of their wards.
7. A CBSE Workshop on “Capacity building Programmme on Mathematics for class X was held on 10th and 11th Sep.2016. Total 54 teachers from 17 schools participated in the workshop. Mrs Ishita Mukherjee and Mr. Shahid Qureshi were the resource persons.
8. The students of Shishu Griha I and II were shifted to the newly constructed building on 13 September2016 after pooja.
9. Hindi Diwas was celebrated with great interest and enthusiasm in the school on Tuesday,13th September,2016.Two students of the school went to Birla School,Pilani to participate in Inter BET Hindi Poem Recitation Competition. Master Parth Raj of Class VIII bagged first position in the competition. The school also won the trophy for the competition.
10. A video conference for class III students, with the students of Canada on ‘Poetry Magic’. was held on 21 September 2016,
11. Five students participated in IPSC Yoga Competition, held at Mayo College, Ajmer. It was held from 21 to 23 September 2016. The students won the Best out of Best and overall trophy in Yoga.
12. On 15th September Global Collaboration Day (GCD) hosted a project named "Poetry Magic". They presented rhymes and poems to Grade 3 students of Canada and Russia through Video Conferencing. The feedback about the presentation was shared on Padlet.
13. On 25 September 2016 the students escorted by teachers moved to tours and treks to different places and in different groups.
14. Four boys of Middle Section left for S.R.N. International School, Jaipur on Monday,26th September to take part in CBSE Lawn Tennis Competition.
15. Seven boys of Middle Section went To L.K.Singhania,Gotan on Friday,30th September,2016 to participate in the I.P.S.C. Skating Championship.
August - 2016
The Founders Day of Middle Section was celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm on Tuesday,9th August,2016 in the Vijay Hall of the school at 7.00pm.The Chief Guest on the occasion was none other than the Honourable Principal Capt.(IN) Alokesh Sen.
The Inter Institutional Patriotic Song Competition was held in the Vijay Hall of the school on 12th August,2016 at 3.30pm. Five schools participated in the competition. The judges minutely listened to the songs and appreciated the patriotic fervour of the students singing the songs.The competition was won by Birla Public School.
The Parent Teacher meeting for Middle Section was held on Saturday,13th August,2016 from 11.00am onwards. The parents met the teachers concerned of their wards and came to know about their child’s progress. Thereafter,they took lunch in the Middle Section mess and took local leave for their wards.
The Independence Day was celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm on Monday,15th August,2016 at 7.45am.Honourable Principal Capt.IN Alokesh Sen hoisted the flag and took salute of the parade and gave good wishes on the occasion.
The second formative tests were conducted from Tuesday,16th August to 19th August,2016 in which the students got to know their academic progress.
Rakshabandhan was celebrated with great interest in the campus on Thursday,18th August,2016.The students who had their sisters in Birla Balika Vidyapeeth were taken to meet their sisters and spend time with them on the occasion. They were escorted by the Superintendents Mr.Rajbeer Singh and Mr.Rattipal Singh Shekhawat.
Janamashtami was celebrated with enthusiasm on Thursday,25th August,2016.The students worshipped Lord Krishna in their respective houses and remembered his teachings so that they could come up and improve in their life.
The 12th All India Vidya Niketan Diamond Jubilee Memorial English Debate which read as “Spending billions of dollar on Space Mission is not justified for a welfare state like India when millions of people struggle for a square meal” was conducted at 8.00am on 31st August,2016 in the Lotus Hall of Birla Public School. Commander V.K.Banga (Retd.),Principal, Mann School, Delhi was the Chief Guest on the occasion. Director B.E.T. Maj. Gen.S.S.Nair, AVSM, Mr. Sanjay Srivastava, Principal, Birla School, Capt.(IN) Alokesh Sen, Principal, Birla Public School, Mr.Nikhil Rudra, Bursar, Birla Public School and Headmaster Middle Section,Mr. A.B.Sati also graced the occasion. 16 reputed schools across the country participated in the debate. The judges for the debate were Mrs. Devraj Mukherjee, Professor, English, Ramjas College,DelhiUniversity,Mr.Virendra Singh Nirban,Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Studies, BITS, Pilaniand Dr. Debolina Dey, A ssistant Professor, Ramjas College, Delhi University respectively.
The debaters exhibiting their oratorical skills reverberated the hall with their forceful and persuasive arguments for and against the motion. First position in the debate was bagged byOshin Sharma of Emarald Heights International, Indore. Close on their heels was Pravesh Agnihotri of Emarald Heights International, Indore who stood second. The third position was bagged by Kumar Vinayak of Birla Public School,Pilani. Fourth position was bagged by Meha Kaul of M.G.D. Jaipur. Fifth position was bagged by Raghav Vashistha of Rajkumar College Rajkot. The coveted trophy was lifted by Emarald Heights International, Indore.
The Chief Guest and the judges during their speeches highly appreciated the performance of the debaters. The Chief Guest gave away the prizes to the winners. The Chief Guest and the judges were honoured by the Honourable Director,B.E.T., Maj.Gen. S.S. Nair. The vote of thanks was proposed by the Event Manager Master Gaurav Paul. Paul.
July - 2016
1. Godhuli was conducted on Thursday, 7th of July, 2016 at 5.45pm on the occasion of Eid-Ul-Fitr.
2. The students of BPS went for the Pahari temple in the first and second week of July and had the holy darshan of Lord Hanuman.
3. Hindi Calligraphy Competition was conducted on 14thjuly, 2016.
4. Two lady Teaching Assistants from UK reached Birla Public School on 13 July 2016, they will stay in school for two months.
5. On 15th July, 2016 grade V interacted on Mystery Skype with students of Argentina.
6. On 15th July, 2016 ‘Quiz competition’ based on environment was held.
7. On 16th July, 2016 all the club members presented one programme each.
8. On 16th July, 2016 Hindi Dohas were recited by the students of Class VI.
9. Inter house Football matches in Junior Section were held from 18th July, 2016 to 25th July, 2016.
10. The Salters’ Chemistry Camp, India was organized at BITS, Pilani from 18th to 20th July 2016. 64 students from sixteen schools participated in this camp. The Camp was inaugurated by the Vice Chancellor of BITS.
11. The students of Class VII A and VII B (63students) visited Birla Museum and Gallery on Saturday, 23rd July, 2016.
12. The students of Middle Section were taken for a Magic Show at 4.30pm.
13. Two students of Class VIII, Master Utkarsh Mishra and Aditya Kumar, participated for (Aavishkar CBSE Online Quiz for Science and Tech.) on 26th July,2016 at 11.30 to 12.15 pm in the Middle Section, Computer Room. The theme for the month was “Atmosphere”. Two students out of 30 were selected to participate in the Quiz.
14. On 28th July 2016 class IV interacted on Mystery Skype with students of New Zealand.
15. The first Inter House English Recitation and Declamation for the session 2016-17 was conducted on Friday, 29th July, 2016 at 5.00pm in the Vijay Hall of the school. .
April - 2016
1. As a prelude to Earth day celebration the Hiking club of BPS under took the cycle expedition for a distance of 650 Kilometers from Pilani toDeshnok(Bikenar).The Expedition was flagged off of the Director BET Maj.GenS.S.Nair(AVSM).The duration of this expedition was of 10 days i.e. from 1st to 10th April 2016.The Expedition Team comprise of three teachers and 12 students. The motto of the expedition was to spread awareness on importance of “Water Harvesting”.
2. 8 students along with three teachers attended the “Theater workshop” conducted by the World famous Globe Theatre dedicated to propagation of Shakespere’s Theatre. It was a three daysworkshop from 12thApril to 14th April 2016 held at Birla VidyaNiketanPuspVihar New Delhi.
3. Earth Day was celebrated on 22 April 2016 by conducting various activities like skit in Assembly, Save Earth poster making,Rangoli making, Online Quiz etc.Students made paper bags and distributed in market in Pilani and explained people the hazards of plastic bags, the students were escorted by teachers.
4. The fourth B.E.T joint progressive conference was held in BPS on 20th April2016.It was attended by the all the BET Teachers of Pilani schools and few selected teachers of BIS.
5. Sunderkand Path was organized in BPS.
6. In order to inculcate the importance of labour day amongst the students and to show them the dignity of labor .BPS organized the special Lunch for all the class IV staff in the school.The best part of this event was that the students of class XII served the food to all of them.
7. Mr.M.K.Pareek and Mrs.Jayanti Devi attended the workshop on CLDP organized by BITS Pilani Library Division. It was a two days workshop organized on 8th and 9th April,2016,where eminent LIS scholars from leading universities and organizations delivered their presentations on various important topics of Library Science.
our alumni Mr. Vinod Rai, Ex. CAG of India
our alumni General V K Singh (Retd.)
our alumni Mr. Vivek Chand Sehgal (Group Chairman, Samvardhana Motherson International Ltd)