Evaluation I- III, IV A, IV B, V A, V B,
FA-2 VII & VIII, IX ir travel by School parties
Class XII Result 2015-16 Percentage of Top Scorer Science Stream : 96.20 %, Commerce Stream 93.40 %
Class X Result 2015-16
School Average of CGPA - 8.51TWENTY TOP POSITION HOLDERS OF THE SCHOOL (10 CGPA)
Nestled in the desert sands of the Shekhawati Region in Rajasthan. The B.P.S is an oasis which unfolds its treasure to a fabulous world of knowledge. I hope this prospectus will give prospective parents and students a flavour of what Birla Public School is all about. B.P.S has all the infrastructure and facilities that makes a full fledged Public School and these are being maintained and updated on regular basis. We have four computer laboratories, a vibrant music department and art and craft center and ‘Panchwati’ ‘Yoga Centre’,’ Saraswati Temple’,’Shiv Ganga’ for multifarious creativity. Unparalleled sports facilities- the mid terms trips, treks, mountaineering to develop love for outdoor life etc. Academic growth of boys is our mantra and guiding principle. The list is endless. It is important to prepare the children before sending them to a Boarding School. The child should be convinced about the usefulness of Boarding School Life. In my opinion a residential School has many advantages. It inculcates in children an attitude of ‘Caring and Sharing’ and a sense of independent living, decision making and value for money. It teaches the child the art of self learning and self preparation for the examinations. The child learns to live a spartan life which makes him tough enabling him to progress without being a slave to materialistic comforts. Living together with other children creates a feeling of brotherhood and helps to develop leadership qualities. The hectic schedule involving both academics and co-curricular activities keeps him pre occupied in a constructive manner. Infact at times, it is felt that there is so much to do, with no time at all. Thus it teaches him Time Management early in life. BPS is committed to producing gentlemen who can be of service and value to society and shape as leaders of our great nation and who can be the true epitome of our motto Shradha, Gyan and Karam. Capt.(IN) Alokesh Sen (Retd.) Principal
Vidya Niketan Birla Public School in TOP 10 Boarding Schools of the Country
School Activities (2016 -17)
August - 2016
The Founders Day of Middle Section was celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm on Tuesday,9th August,2016 in the Vijay Hall of the school at 7.00pm.The Chief Guest on the occasion was none other than the Honourable Principal Capt.(IN) Alokesh Sen.
The Inter Institutional Patriotic Song Competition was held in the Vijay Hall of the school on 12th August,2016 at 3.30pm. Five schools participated in the competition. The judges minutely listened to the songs and appreciated the patriotic fervour of the students singing the songs.The competition was won by Birla Public School.
The Parent Teacher meeting for Middle Section was held on Saturday,13th August,2016 from 11.00am onwards. The parents met the teachers concerned of their wards and came to know about their child’s progress. Thereafter,they took lunch in the Middle Section mess and took local leave for their wards.
The Independence Day was celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm on Monday,15th August,2016 at 7.45am.Honourable Principal Capt.IN Alokesh Sen hoisted the flag and took salute of the parade and gave good wishes on the occasion.
The second formative tests were conducted from Tuesday,16th August to 19th August,2016 in which the students got to know their academic progress.
Rakshabandhan was celebrated with great interest in the campus on Thursday,18th August,2016.The students who had their sisters in Birla Balika Vidyapeeth were taken to meet their sisters and spend time with them on the occasion. They were escorted by the Superintendents Mr.Rajbeer Singh and Mr.Rattipal Singh Shekhawat.
Janamashtami was celebrated with enthusiasm on Thursday,25th August,2016.The students worshipped Lord Krishna in their respective houses and remembered his teachings so that they could come up and improve in their life.
The 12th All India Vidya Niketan Diamond Jubilee Memorial English Debate which read as “Spending billions of dollar on Space Mission is not justified for a welfare state like India when millions of people struggle for a square meal” was conducted at 8.00am on 31st August,2016 in the Lotus Hall of Birla Public School. Commander V.K.Banga (Retd.),Principal, Mann School, Delhi was the Chief Guest on the occasion. Director B.E.T. Maj. Gen.S.S.Nair, AVSM, Mr. Sanjay Srivastava, Principal, Birla School, Capt.(IN) Alokesh Sen, Principal, Birla Public School, Mr.Nikhil Rudra, Bursar, Birla Public School and Headmaster Middle Section,Mr. A.B.Sati also graced the occasion. 16 reputed schools across the country participated in the debate. The judges for the debate were Mrs. Devraj Mukherjee, Professor, English, Ramjas College,DelhiUniversity,Mr.Virendra Singh Nirban,Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Studies, BITS, Pilaniand Dr. Debolina Dey, A ssistant Professor, Ramjas College, Delhi University respectively.
The debaters exhibiting their oratorical skills reverberated the hall with their forceful and persuasive arguments for and against the motion. First position in the debate was bagged byOshin Sharma of Emarald Heights International, Indore. Close on their heels was Pravesh Agnihotri of Emarald Heights International, Indore who stood second. The third position was bagged by Kumar Vinayak of Birla Public School,Pilani. Fourth position was bagged by Meha Kaul of M.G.D. Jaipur. Fifth position was bagged by Raghav Vashistha of Rajkumar College Rajkot. The coveted trophy was lifted by Emarald Heights International, Indore.
The Chief Guest and the judges during their speeches highly appreciated the performance of the debaters. The Chief Guest gave away the prizes to the winners. The Chief Guest and the judges were honoured by the Honourable Director,B.E.T., Maj.Gen. S.S. Nair. The vote of thanks was proposed by the Event Manager Master Gaurav Paul. Paul.
July - 2016
1. Godhuli was conducted on Thursday, 7th of July, 2016 at 5.45pm on the occasion of Eid-Ul-Fitr.
2. The students of BPS went for the Pahari temple in the first and second week of July and had the holy darshan of Lord Hanuman.
3. Hindi Calligraphy Competition was conducted on 14thjuly, 2016.
4. Two lady Teaching Assistants from UK reached Birla Public School on 13 July 2016, they will stay in school for two months.
5. On 15th July, 2016 grade V interacted on Mystery Skype with students of Argentina.
6. On 15th July, 2016 ‘Quiz competition’ based on environment was held.
7. On 16th July, 2016 all the club members presented one programme each.
8. On 16th July, 2016 Hindi Dohas were recited by the students of Class VI.
9. Inter house Football matches in Junior Section were held from 18th July, 2016 to 25th July, 2016.
10. The Salters’ Chemistry Camp, India was organized at BITS, Pilani from 18th to 20th July 2016. 64 students from sixteen schools participated in this camp. The Camp was inaugurated by the Vice Chancellor of BITS.
11. The students of Class VII A and VII B (63students) visited Birla Museum and Gallery on Saturday, 23rd July, 2016.
12. The students of Middle Section were taken for a Magic Show at 4.30pm.
13. Two students of Class VIII, Master Utkarsh Mishra and Aditya Kumar, participated for (Aavishkar CBSE Online Quiz for Science and Tech.) on 26th July,2016 at 11.30 to 12.15 pm in the Middle Section, Computer Room. The theme for the month was “Atmosphere”. Two students out of 30 were selected to participate in the Quiz.
14. On 28th July 2016 class IV interacted on Mystery Skype with students of New Zealand.
15. The first Inter House English Recitation and Declamation for the session 2016-17 was conducted on Friday, 29th July, 2016 at 5.00pm in the Vijay Hall of the school. .
April - 2016
1. As a prelude to Earth day celebration the Hiking club of BPS under took the cycle expedition for a distance of 650 Kilometers from Pilani toDeshnok(Bikenar).The Expedition was flagged off of the Director BET Maj.GenS.S.Nair(AVSM).The duration of this expedition was of 10 days i.e. from 1st to 10th April 2016.The Expedition Team comprise of three teachers and 12 students. The motto of the expedition was to spread awareness on importance of “Water Harvesting”.
2. 8 students along with three teachers attended the “Theater workshop” conducted by the World famous Globe Theatre dedicated to propagation of Shakespere’s Theatre. It was a three daysworkshop from 12thApril to 14th April 2016 held at Birla VidyaNiketanPuspVihar New Delhi.
3. Earth Day was celebrated on 22 April 2016 by conducting various activities like skit in Assembly, Save Earth poster making,Rangoli making, Online Quiz etc.Students made paper bags and distributed in market in Pilani and explained people the hazards of plastic bags, the students were escorted by teachers.
4. The fourth B.E.T joint progressive conference was held in BPS on 20th April2016.It was attended by the all the BET Teachers of Pilani schools and few selected teachers of BIS.
5. Sunderkand Path was organized in BPS.
6. In order to inculcate the importance of labour day amongst the students and to show them the dignity of labor .BPS organized the special Lunch for all the class IV staff in the school.The best part of this event was that the students of class XII served the food to all of them.
7. Mr.M.K.Pareek and Mrs.Jayanti Devi attended the workshop on CLDP organized by BITS Pilani Library Division. It was a two days workshop organized on 8th and 9th April,2016,where eminent LIS scholars from leading universities and organizations delivered their presentations on various important topics of Library Science.
our alumni Mr. Vinod Rai, Ex. CAG of India
our alumni General V K Singh (Retd.)
our alumni Mr. Vivek Chand Sehgal (Group Chairman, Samvardhana Motherson International Ltd)